How to use the GameCube controller on PC? This is a common question asked by the users of the Gamecube who have recently started playing the game. It has been 18 years since the release of the Nintendo Switch and the GameCube and the GameCube has still maintained its position. It was first introduced in 2001 as a successor to the N64. To date, it is considered one of the retro consoles. For those who are a fan of retro consoles and Smash Bros, the GameCube comes as the first priority.
The backward-compatible Wii also had controller ports for four GameCube controllers. However, with the Wii U, the connections were then no longer available. In the year 2014 Nintendo released a USB adapter which allowed the GameCube controllers to be used for the game. With this adapter, it is now possible to use the GameCube controller on the switch.
While the Wii U was only allowed to play Super Smash Bros for Wii U with the adapter, the switch is comparatively convenient to use with the use of peripheral devices. The switch console recognizes all four ports and the attached GameCube controllers as a generic USB controller. All one requires, is the GameCube controller adapter, which is supposed to be connected to the switch dock via USB. In this way, one can use one’s GameCube controllers in dock mode for many.
- The official adapters from Nintendo were produced in a limited amount and if someone intends to buy an official adapter, he has to pay quite a more than the actual amount.
- Although it is possible to use the GameCube controller with the help of a USB adopter along with the switch in dock mode, yet the Gamecube controller adapter for pc has a few buttons and its features are also lesser than the Switch Pro controller or the Joy-Cons. For instance, games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Tennis Aces are easy to play. Other games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Word do work but limited due to the lack of buttons
- The GameCube Controller has only three shoulder buttons. Thus, the function of the L key is denied to the users with the GameCube Controller.
- It lacks clickable analgesic sticks that are used for ducking, sprinting, or zooming in.
- The GameCube also has no L3 and R3 buttons. Additionally, it also lacks minus and select buttons which are used to access the map or other such options
- The recordings and home buttons with which one can switch between games or simply go to the home screen. Instead, one needs a right-joy-con or Pro controller.
- The rumble function on the GameCube is not as strong, as the Switch games are designed for HD Rumble. In order to use the Rumble function, the adapter’s grey USB plug must be plugged in.
- When the GameCube was introduced, there was no NFC, and Amiibos features control.
Steps to use GameCube
If you want to know how to use the GameCube controller on PC? , then here are some of the points that you need to consider:
- First of all, close the dolphin emulator if it is opened
- Secondly, plug the GameCube adapter into the USB ports of the computer. In order to enable vibration and wireless controls, the user should insert the two USB connectors included in the adapter.
- Thirdly, download Zadig which is a portable program, and does not require any installation for that. After installing it, start by following a particular link
- Afterward, open the “Option” menu of Zadig and select “List All Devices”.
Ways to use the GameCube controller
- Firstly, verify whether the Drive is “HidUSb”, and USB iD is “057E-0337”
- After that select WinUSB in the right part of Driver.
- Thirdly, click on the “Replace Driver”
- Select Yes to modify afterward
- Later press “close” to finish the process
- Close Zadig after that
- The user is supposed to open Dolphin and select Controllers or Controls. It solely depends on the language in which the user’s emulator is configured.
- Display the menu part 1 and select Adapter for Wii U GameCube in the “GameCube controllers”. Those who desire to connect more controls should repeat the same procedure for port 2, 3, and port 4. Repeating the procedure totally depends on the number of controls one wishes to use.
- After closing the control settings, one can start one’s favorite GameCube game
With these simple steps, one can enjoy one’s favorite titles from the Nintendo square console. It is not easy to find the answer to the question of how to use the GameCube controller on PC? Once you have acquired the answer it is time to enjoy the favorite games.